Thursday, November 25, 2010

Not the first post

I said on the other side that it would probably amount to bad 80s songs sooner or later, and here we go. Three seemed to be the number and to keep the astrological side cleaner, the ramblings needed their own side. Unfortunately I already as if feel that I should splinch yet more to another side still. Argh. I fluctuate between extremes and self-consciousness gets in the way of the rest in public. Adam Ant sings "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of" and if necessary, you do walk the walk and bear whatever you have to, but until forced to, oh, how you're reluctant to.

What do you admit, how much do you say? What is wise to omit, what can you live with for a longer time if having to? And how much are you saying to have to live with something?

I've had three songs playing in the mind on and off for a while, so as the lyrics seemed either vaguely or more pertinent to some other things looked at recently, have. I don't actually think invoking a combination of Kiss, David Bowie and Bonnie Tyler is anything to think of per se, the lyrics working even so. It's not a question of the source as opposed to what you get out of it.

Who Wants to Be Lonely?, Underground and Holding Out for a Hero lyric snippets below. There is a bit in Neil Gaiman's first Sandman paperback Preludes and Nocturnes where a character keeps getting songs about Dream played at him, his lines being "Something trying to tell you someone...?" I find the songs amusing in any case.


"Standing there in your world, baby talk to me with your eyes, before the moment dies.
I want to say to you, time is just passing us by... You keep/been (?) waiting for something called love...

Open yourself to me, let me show you what it can be like, baby giving it all that you got, nothing can hold you back.
Some thing's can stand alone, a mountain can give no desire, but a heart isn't made out of stone, wake up in the middle of the night, your body's gonna make it alright?"


"No one can blame you for walking away, but too much rejection, no love injection...
Life can't be easy, it's not always swell, don't tell me truth hurts little girl, 'cause it hurts like hell
But down in the underground, you'll find someone true,
down in the underground, a land serene, of crystal moon.

It's only forever, not long at all
Lost and lonely, that's underground, underground

Nothing ever hurts again"


"Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods? Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds? Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I dream of what I need. I need a hero... He's gotta be sure and he's gotta be soon and he's gotta be larger than life...
Somewhere just beyond my reach there's someone reaching back for me, raising on the thunder and rising with the heat, it's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet..."



The third one is the least prominent, the other two having bits and pieces play in the mind more. I have a complete jukebox mind and anything can trigger quotes or songs, but apparently the mind's fixed itself on those two or three for now. At least it's something I don't mind that you can interpret as subconscious material as well, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment