Thursday, November 25, 2010

You don't need pet psychics

Given the prevalence of songs like Lisa Stansfield's All Around the World with its talk of looking for her baby, even if a pre-existing one she of the lyrics had split up with, I guess it remains little wonder that the main thing you see in ads for psychics is love and how to get it. What a terribly predictable little race we remain.

I still remain in the more or less sceptical camp. Some may be genuine, but there seem to be far too many people out there trying for your business. I dabbled with Tarot cards years ago and could probably have picked up that practise same as anything that has rules, so I can only assume there are a great number of people who know their thing or trade, but add "psychic" to their ads because it sells better.

Don't you trust your intuition? Intuitive would be a better term for someone good at what they do but not actually psychic.

I have zero experience with psychics though, and balk at the idea of leading questions to fish out information from you to as if seem psychic. It's your job to know, not mine to provide clues and then to add in the details with my possible hopes or wishes. I may feel elated or hopeful after such a session, but I've still paid for something that any good "ethical fraud" could have provided for me, possibly at a cheaper price on top.

I also balk at "Pet psychic" type crap. I detest ripping not-necessarily-particularly-bright grieving people off just because it's an easy gig. You loved your pet and need to hear Babsie still loves Momsie and is well and misses you in kind? What is wrong with you? Unless your pet robbed the Fort Knox or buried your family's finances somewhere you can't find, I don't think there is reason enough to try and contact them no matter how sore your grief.

The same goes for people as well. It's about you and how you feel, not them.

People die. Pets die. Things die. I know it can get bad and in some cases takes you with it after a while as well, but if you cannot trust that your pet is well and loves and misses you in kind, if you believe in an afterlife for your pets (as you clearly must to opt for psychics as well), it's not a psychic that would bring the most reliable help. It's something more worldly to balance your emotional side. Fluffy nothings only work for so long. Sooner or later they die as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment